Sunrise Prime Annual Membership
Sunrise Plumbing recommends that you sign up for our Sunrise Prime Annual Membership to prevent any major plumbing problems. For only $120 annually (that breaksdown to just $10 a month!) you receive:
- No trip charges. (excludes after hours)
- Automatic Discount-on all repairs and replacement services
- Priority service-We move you to the front of the line we you are in need of service!
- Water heater tune up-Water heater flush and visual inspection. (Tankless not included)
- Visual plumbing inspection of entire home
- PSI reading of your home
Become a Sunrise Prime Member today!
Preventive maintenance for your plumbing system is critical to obtaining the proper health of your biggest investment, which is your home. The plumbing system is the largest operating part of your home. We don’t usually think about what all is involved and how our plumbing system operates but it is truly amazing!
Performing preventive maintenance on your plumbing system is an excellent way to save money and avoid costly repairs. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Regular inspections: Schedule regular inspections of your plumbing system to identify any potential issues early on. Look for signs of leaks, corrosion, water stains, or unusual odors. Inspect exposed pipes, joints, faucets, and fixtures for any visible wear and tear. Identifying problems at an early stage allows for timely repairs, preventing them from escalating into more significant and costly issues.
- Monitor water pressure: High water pressure can strain your plumbing system and lead to leaks or bursts. Use a pressure gauge to monitor the water pressure periodically. If the pressure is consistently above the recommended range (typically between 40-80 psi), consider installing a pressure regulator or contacting Sunrise Plumbing to address the issue.
- Clear drains and prevent clogs: Take proactive steps to prevent clogs by avoiding flushing or draining items that could cause blockages. Use drain strainers to catch hair, food particles, or debris before they enter the pipes. Regularly clean the strainers to maintain their effectiveness. Also, periodically flush your drains with hot water or a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to minimize buildup.
- Insulate exposed pipes: In colder climates, insulating exposed pipes can help prevent freezing and potential bursts. Insulation sleeves or foam pipe insulation can be easily installed to protect pipes in unheated or vulnerable areas like basements, attics, or crawl spaces. Insulation helps maintain consistent temperatures and prevents costly damage caused by frozen pipes.
- Maintain water heaters: Water heaters play a vital role in your plumbing system. Regularly inspect your water heater for any signs of leaks, corrosion, or decreased efficiency. Flush the tank annually to remove sediment buildup, which can affect its performance. If you notice any issues with the water heater, such as inconsistent temperatures or strange noises, contact Sunrise Plumbing for maintenance or repairs.
- Mindful landscaping: Be cautious when landscaping around your property to prevent damage to underground pipes. Avoid planting trees or shrubs with invasive root systems near your plumbing lines, as the roots can infiltrate and damage the pipes over time.
By implementing these preventive maintenance practices, you can prolong the lifespan of your plumbing system, reduce the risk of costly repairs, and potentially save money in the long run. However, remember that some maintenance tasks are best handled by professional plumbers, so don’t hesitate to seek our expertise when needed.